The Kenya Utalii College Alumni Association (KUCAA) was formed and fully registered in February 1997.The Association is a legal entity that is non-political, non-religious, non-profit making and gender non-discriminatory organization. On 26th November 1998, the Kenya Utalii College Alumni Secretariat launched the Association, which was graced by the presence of the then Minister for Tourism Hon .Henry Kosgey, EGH, and MP. The Association intends to encompass all graduates and friends of the College since its inception in 1969.
To be the leading alumni Association in Hospitality and Tourism industry
To represent the common interests of the members and to utilize their talents and knowledge in support of Kenya Utalii College in its quest to consolidate its position as a leading centre of excellence in Hospitality and Tourism education for the Tourism sector and the society.
Kenya Utalii College Alumni Association is governed by the Executive Committee as top organ headed by the Chairman. Other members of the Executive Committee include the Secretary General, the Treasurer, Vice Chairperson, Vice Secretary, Vice Treasurer, Deputy Director of Studies Alumni and Placement and the Alumni Coordinator.The current office bearers are as follows:
OBJECTIVES OF THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- To encourage interaction between Kenya Utalii College and its alumni
- To inform the alumni about the work, development and general activities at the Kenya Utalii College.
- To engender support or the Kenya Utalii College and its various undertakings from alumni.
- To defend common interests of the A alumni and represent matters of general concern to the authorities, the industry, the unions and the public at large.
- To be a forum that will bring together the Alumni who are professionals within the Hospitality and Tourism industry in an environment in which they can exchange their experiences and know- how.
- The Association shall be non-political, non-religious, non-profit making and gender discriminatory.
- To establish branches in Kenya and other countries.
- To provide advisory and consultancy services to alumni in establishment Hospitality and tourism undertakings
- To liaise with and be affiliated to other professional organizations for the promotion of professionalism in the Hospitality and Tourism industry and generally for the attainment of the above objectives.
- To initiate and support research and development projects, publish and disseminate results.